Villa Maria Catholic Homes - Eastern Community Services
Villa Maria provides an extensive Carer Support Program. A carer is someone who provides unpaid help and support to a partner,relative or friend who is unable to manage without their assistance. Villa Maria’s Carer Support Program actively supports the caring relationship by providing information and a range of flexible respite and support options. The program is able to assist carers on a short term basis whilst linking them into ongoing support services through funding received by the Victorian Department of Health.
Villa Maria also provides community services for older people, children & adults with a disability, their families and carers. Services offered range from specialist education and early childhood intervention for children with disabilities or developmental delays, to community based and in-home support services for older people and people with a disability, specialist education services, pastoral care, social work services, carer respite options, independent retirement living and residential aged care.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Carers who live in the Eastern Region of Melbourne (Boroondara, Knox , Manningham, Maroondah, Monash, and Yarra Ranges) and care for a person who:
● is over 65 years,or has an ageing-related condition
● is living with dementia,including younger onset dementia
● has an acquired brain injury
● has mental health issues
● is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander over 45 years,or has an ageing-related condition
Are there any free services or programs that are useful to me as a carer?
Offering a wide variety of services, there are many ways Villa Maria can assist carers who need a break or support in their caring role.
● Flexible respite options (in your own home or out in the community)
● Social support and events
● Carer wellbeing activities
● Men’s groups
● Carer groups
● Home care services including meal preparation and personal care
● Short-term case management for carers
● Information and referral to long-term support services
● Carer support and advocacy
Are there any services that I may need to pay for but that are useful to me as a carer?
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Cost to Use the Service
Translation Services as English is my Second Language
Available upon request
Find us on Facebook
For more Information and Support Contact Us Via...
p. 1300 971 920
a. 355 Stud Road, Wantirna South, Vic 3152NDIS Registered? No
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the organisation accessible for people with disabilities? No