Ballarat Health Services - Grampians Region - Carer Support Services
What is Carer Respite and Support Services?
Carer Respite and Support Services is funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian State Governments.
We recognise and respect the role of the individual carer as part of the care relationship. Our service provides a single point of contact for you, the carer, to access information that can assist you in your caring role.
Are you a carer?
A carer is someone of any age who provides sustained care and assistance to a family member, friend or neighbour who has needs related to a medical or health condition, age and frailty or disability.
What is respite?
Respite provides a short-term break from the caring role. It provides you with time to meet your own needs – to find a balance between caring for others and caring for yourself.
How can we assist you as a carer?
Our staff can:
- Reinforce the value and significance of your role as a carer
- Link you with local support services, groups and other carers
- Provide information about opportunities for respite
- Assist you to plan and access respite services
- Encourage and support you to focus on your personal health and well-being and opportunities which may benefit your caring role and relationships
What services do we provide?
- Short-term individual case management
- Assistance to access short-term, occasional and emergency respite
- Condition specific information
- Education sessions, support groups and programs
- Carer newsletter
Please contact us:
Freecall: 1800 059 059*
* Calls from mobiles at mobile rates
Office hours: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. An after hours service operates outside of business hours.
Grampians Community Health
8-22 Patrick St
Phone: 5358 3700
Fax 5358 4113
Wimmera Community Options
185 Baillie St
Phone: 5381 9336
Fax: 5381 9120
Cost to Use the Service
Please make individual enquiries
Available upon request
Find us on Facebook
8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. An after hours service operates outside of business hours.NDIS Registered? No
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the organisation accessible for people with disabilities? Yes