Young carers: young, queer and caring
Are you a young LGBTIQ person who provides support to a partner, friend or family member with health or mental health issues? You may be a lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans/gender diverse, intersex, queer and/or questioning.
Carers Victoria has produced a new online resource to help workers support carers like you. The Young LGBTIQ Carers Program talks about the experience of young LGBTIQ people with caring responsibilities and provides tips for workers on how to make their services more inclusive.
This eLearning program has been developed with participation from young people across Victoria and together with our project partners.
Contact us on 1800 242 636 or email for more information on this new online resource.
How you can get involved?
- share the link to the Young LGBTIQ Carers Program with your friends and networks;
- like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, and share with friends;
- email us and tell us about your opinions and needs;
- tell workers about the project so they can learn how to best support you;
- tell other young LGBTIQ carers about Carers Victoria.
Who we are
Carers Victoria supports young people with caring responsibilities. We work with services and schools to raise awareness of the issues and barriers for young carers – socially, at school and in the workplace.
For more information
Contact a member of our Young Carers Team on 1800 242 636 or email.