International Aspergers Day Fundraiser; Ashburton 18 February
Join the Aspergers Victoria team to celebrate International Aspergers Day on Monday February 18th.
We have a special treat in store - Jacci Pillar will be performing her new show!
Recently arrived to live in Melbourne from the Northern Territory, Jacci Pillar is a Comedian and Anthropologist; Autistic-ly solving conundrums people don’t know they have!
Her show “Labelled” is a comedic, audio-visual storytelling journey about growing up Autistic and the politics of neurodiversity. It recently toured from Darwin to Alice Springs to finish up at Sydney and Melbourne Fringe Festivals in 2018. Join us for a new special installment: Labelled II: Tickets on Myself, just for International Asperger’s Day 2019.
The second installment of the show is a cheeky look at the Asperger's world from the 1970’s to now and just how far we have come in the way we look at difference as a culture; from the medical model to social model of ability. It’s feisty and educational, with a healthy dose of feel-good funny medicine.
When: Monday 18 Feb 2019 6:30 PM
Where: Copland Room, Ashburton Library, 154 High St, Ashburton VIC 3147
Timing on the night:
- 6.30 - 7:10pm Doors open. Light refreshments (gluten-free catered for)
- 7:15 - 8:10 pm Show runs
- 8.15 - 8:40pm Jacci will take any questions from the audience
- 8.40 - 9:00pm Refreshments - Tea, coffee, water, biscuits etc.
Cost: $25 for AV Members & guests, $40 Non-Members; includes refreshments before and after the show.
Who Should Attend?
- The show content is suitable for a teenage and upwards audience, so you can join us to celebrate International Aspergers Day in a fun way!
- If driving: Parking will be available at the library and in surrounding streets.
- On public transport: Take an Alamein line train to Ashburton Railway Station. The library is an approximately 8 minute walk from there. Several bus routes e.g the 734 Glen Iris, will also drop you near the library
For more details contact email@example.com