Check out the 'Learning Together online resource'
The Association for Children with a Disability have developed the 'Learning Together online resource'.
As the new school year gets underway, it's a good time to learn about education and your child's rights. Understanding the laws and policies that underpin how schools work will help you to know what to expect, and what role you play in supporting your child's education.
The ACD Learning Together online resource provides you with a clear guide to education and your child's rights including:
- Choosing a school for your child
- A guide to support for students
- Education planning for your child
- Building a partnership with school, and
- How to go about raising a concern at school.
It also includes:
- A guide to the complaints process
- Your child’s rights in the education system
- Tips for dealing with common challenges
- Tools and resources that can help
- Some families’ stories, and
- Information in community languages (Arabic, Chinese, Punjabi, Tagalog and Vietnamese).
ACD also provides over the phone information and advocacy support on any disability issue, including education. To speak to a Support Advisors call 03 9880 7000 or 1800 654 013 (regional callers).