Melbourne Fringe open access festival; Registration closes 31 May
Melbourne Fringe artist registrations are open now! Melbourne Fringe Festival happens from 12 – 29 September.
Fringe is open access, which means that anyone can register to be part of the Festival. We champion inclusion, diversity, freedom of expression and amplifying voices on the margins.
Regos close 31 May.
There are a number of resources and initiatives to help artists plan their Melbourne Fringe show. Here are just a few:
- Money for Art: there are a number of microgrants and bursaries, as well as partnerships with councils that help provide financial support for Fringe shows - Click here for info on Money for Art.
- Navigate: This is a mentoring program for artists experiencing barriers to participation. Artists interested in applying for Navigate can be at all stages of their career. A number of places are reserved for people with disability and Deaf people, and First Nations people. Navigate includes mentoring, masterclasses and the registration fee. Navigate EOIs close 6 May. Click here for more info about Navigate.
- Your Platform: an initiative run by Darebin Arts for artists who identify as people with disability or Deaf. The successful participant will receive support – including financial – from Darebin Arts – towards a Melbourne Fringe Festival show. Click here for more info on Your Platform.
- Producer’s Guide to Access: I helped create this access resource, which features stacks of info on how to create accessible shows. Click here to view the Producer’s Guide to Access.
- FAQ and info sessions: these sessions will be held during the registration period and then in the lead up to the Festival. They’ll be Auslan interpreted and live streamed on Melbourne Fringe’s Facebook. Click here for FAQs and info session details.
Here are some easy ways you can spread the word:
Please let me know if you have any questions - send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 03 9660 9600.